Across all of Mayo Clinic as we begin this season of sharing and caring.
Mayo Clinic has traditionally embraced the “Season of Giving,” with special donations and by Mayo employees personally giving of themselves to those most in need our communities.
The following are the organizations supported by this year’s Season of Giving.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester
- Channel One – food security at the holidays
- Bear Creek Services- mobile tablets for staff record keeping while visiting clients in their homes.
- Hiawatha Homes
- Boys and Girls Club of Rochester- family dinner and holiday Party
- Dorothy Day House – refurbished Recreational Room
- Rochester Warming Shelter – client personal amenities
- Ronald McDonald House- children’s gifts
- Rochester Schools-senior class fundraising challenge
- Salvation Army Rochester- dollar-for-dollar bell ringing matching gift for the weekend of December 19-20. (Video here)
Mayo Clinic Health System in Southeast Minnesota
- Transitional Housing of Steele County – adopt 12 homeless families to help their holiday season
- Steele County Free Clinic – care for chronic conditions and mild depression
- Owatonna High School – support new high school building
- Hope and Harbor Shelter Red Wing- provide shelter to homeless people
- United Way for Cannon Falls and Lake City programming
- Albert Lea Family Y – Roof Repair
- United Way for diversity and inclusion activities in Austin and Mower County
Mayo Clinic Health System in Southwest Minnesota
- Mankato Youth Place – purchase a bus to provide transportation for children
- Mankato Connections Shelter –program operations to provide winter shelter for families
- New Prague Area Schools –an outdoor fitness trail at Falcon Ridge
- Springfield Area Food Shelf – program operations
- St. James Community Childcare Project – equipment for the childcare center
- Watonwan County Food Shelf – program operations
- Waseca Public Schools –Youth Frontiers Courage and Respect retreats for all eighth-graders
- Fairmont Public Health – establish a mental health first aid program
Mayo Clinic Health System in Southwest Wisconsin
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater La Crosse, Holmen location – support new club construction
- Scenic Bluffs Health Center – La Crosse Dental Clinic – serving low-income residents in La Crosse County who cannot afford dental care.
- Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign, Mayo Clinic Match Day – December 21, 2019
Mayo Clinic Health System in Northwest Wisconsin
- Court Appointed Special Advocate program (CASA) Barron County – training for11 volunteers.
- Chippewa Falls Tiny Homes –homelessness housing
- Stepping Stones “Winterhaven” –an overnight shelter for homeless adults
- Tandem Mentoring –provide support and encouragement to youths between the ages of 11 and 18 who often fall through the cracks
- Osseo Fairchild School District -weekend meals program